Monday, March 29, 2010

Costa Rica Meeting for Parents - Followup

A reminder to get enrollment forms and $150 deposits in by tomorrow to be eligible for a $50 savings on your tour cost! All those who have the forms and deposit in by close of school Tuesday will enter a drawing. The winner will be picked Wednesday at 2:05. Good luck!

Also, in order to ensure that you qualify for the $150 early sign up reduction, get enrolled by Wednesday.

If you do not have an enrollment form, send in just the check. I will get you a form and get you enrolled. You are still eligible for the discounts.

All enrollment forms and checks (made payable to E F Educational Tours) should be turned in to me.

It may seem like short notice. Please understand that I have been urging students to get moving on this trip sign up for months. I also have no control over the policies and timelines of EF Tours! On the other hand, I am your ally and will advocate for students and parents to THE BEST OF MY ABILITY to get the best price and a memorable, valuable experience that will pay dividends for a lifetime.

As they say in Spanish, ¡Vamos!

Some questions from the parents' meeting:

Q: Should I be worried about poisonous snakes, spiders, etc.?

A: (from the tour professional at EF Tours)

Hi Trenton,

As for the snakes, frogs, and vaccines; you and your students will be with a licensed guide from Costa Rica who is knowledgeable of where you are traveling. Again we would not travel to anywhere that would endanger students. However if a parent would like, they should ask their doctor if their child needs any kind of medical attention before they leave.

Q: Are there any special vaccines my child should get before going on the trip?

A: See above.


Q: (from a student in class) I don't know if I'm going to attend this school next year. Would I still be able to go on the trip?

A: Yes. You could participate in fundraising for the rest of the year to build up your trip subsidy. I will research whether you could participate in Spanish Club events for our school while you are attending another school next year. That I'm not sure of.


Q: What will the payment schedule be like?

A: (This is also found in the enrollment brochure given out at the meeting)

Total $1629 w/o insurance

Total $1764 with insurance

If you choose insurance:

1. On enrollment: $95 enrollment fee and insurance (if they choose to buy it) $135 = $230 (balance $1534)

Please click here to view what the insurance covers http://www.eftours.com/student-tours/educational-travel/ef-advantages/travel-insurance.aspx

2. 30 days after you enroll $250 is due (plus any unpaid insurance) = $250 (balance $1284)

3. $200 is due on 8/30/2010 = $200 (balance $1084)

4. Tour balance is due 110 days prior (12/04/2010) to departure excluding departure fees = $730 (balance $354)

5. Remaining balance including departure fees = $354 (balance $0)


Notes on insurance: it is optional; you can enroll first, pay insurance later; click the link above to find out what the insurance covers.


No comments:

Post a Comment